Hi friends, thanks for visiting. My little creative corner has been crazy busy lately. We had our BIG team day on Saturday, so I was kind of off the grid for a while getting ready. It was a GREAT day! I have loads of photos from the event to share – they’ll be up soon.
For today, I have a cute little project to keep you busy on a quiet weekend.
HOW TO MAKE THE ‘SPRINGTIME HELLO’ FRAME
1. Find an old wooden picture frame. Remove glass and paint or whitewash the frame.
TIP: Visit Op Shops or garage sales to pick up a cheap frame. I got mine for $1 from the Barwon Heads All Saints op shop while we were camping nearby over the summer.
2. Paint the backing board OR replace it with burlap as I did on the one below.
I used a staple gun to attach the burlap to the back of the frame. Pull it nice and tight. Check that the staples won’t show through.
3. Use the Springtime Hello Simply Created kit to make an awesome garland! Everything you need is in the kit, and at only AU$15.95 I don’t think there could possibly be a simpler and more inexpensive way of putting together a garland.
The kit includes:
- 3 metres of Natural Linen Thread
- 5x mini clothespins
- 5 natural designer buttons
- loads of adhesive-backed, pre-scored printed stickers to create your garland.
You can pin photos or other special items along the thread as you wish, and mix up the display whenever you want.
I had enough leftover stickers to make up about half a dozen cards.
Order your Springtime Hello Simply Created Garland Kit here (delivered to Australian addresses).
So tell me, are you into the framed art or framed chalkboard look? Have you made anything like this, or is it still on your To Do list?
Leave a comment below. <3